Sigmar Compact Hot Water Systems for Boats & Caravans
There are two innovative hot water system models from Sigmar Marine, the “COMPACT” hot water heaters and the “INOX” hot water systems. From 20 to 80 litres, these hot water heaters are attractively encased in a compact plastic shell and offer better technical characteristics, water tank insulation and resistance to corrosion. They are easy to install and quick to heat. The COMPACT hot water system and the INOX hot water system offer the best cost for quality on the market today.
All Sigma hot water heaters feature an engine heat exchanger which uses the unwanted heat from the engine heat exchange circuit to heat water with the electric element of the water tanks. The heat exchanger function ensures you use engine heat and save on electricity usage and is a great feature to have whether you’re on the road or at sea.
Sigmar Marine is a hot water system certified manufacturer and one of the top leading brands for hot water heaters. We are certified Lloyds Register Quality Assurance ISO 9001 and Approval no: SAA-160756-EA. We carry all spares needed for the Sigmar hot water heaters range so contact us today if you need specific hot water system parts!
BOILER FRONT VIEW
BOILER FRONT VIEW
240 volt or 110 volt
Materials: INOX AISI 316
Installation: Vertical / horizontal deck and bulkhead.
Insulation: Polyurethane foam (max 50 mm. top part of water heater)
Fittings Engine and Water: ½ “ Gas BSP UNI ISO 228
Safety and Non Return Valve: 6 BAR ± 1 (87 psi)
Heating Element: Incoloy with AISI 316 1 ¼” fitting.
- sturdy plastic casing with integrated brackets
- stainless steel AISI 316 inside tank
- injected polyurethane foam
- stainless steel AISI 316 heat exchanger
- 800/1200W 220V (on request 110V) heating element
- regulating thermostat with double safety
- safety and non-return valve
- universal mount (vertical and horizontal)
- thermostatic mixing valve kit available as an accessory
- various models with different storage capacity are available
Sigmar Caravan and Marine Hot Water System, thanks to their innovative compact plastic casing and integrated brackets offer the following advantages:
- Occupy less space than equivalent hot water heaters with separate fastening brackets, makes a great rv storage water heater
- Greater strength of plastic to corrosion, breakage or damage.
- Greater electric insulation of plastic.
- Better thermal insulation: more insulation material covers the upper part of water heater where heat dissipation is normally greater thanks to inside tank’s dis-axial position in respect of outside casing.
- Plastic casing itself dissipates less heat than other materials.
- Greater security: casing houses five sturdy fixing points (rather than the four of traditional separate side mountings/brackets).
- Quicker and simpler installation: no separate side mountings/brackets to be dismantled/ remounted and integrated bracket’s five fixing points are easily accessible from the sides or above.
- Safer installation: no sharp edges or burrs.
- Heat exchangers in stainless steel AISI 316 ensure that waste engine heat is transformed into hot water
Compact mounting positions
Thermostatic Mixing Valve Kit
This kit permits the mixing valve to be easily mounted onto all SIGMAR COMPACT.
Part Number : 15003
SIGMAR marine mixing valves function automatically. All you have to do is turn the knob in the desired direction in order to obtain a temperature between 38°C (100°F) and 65 °C (149°F) with a tolerance of ± 7°C (±44°F).
The reliability of the device is assured by its simple design and no need of auxiliary energy. A thermostatic bulb senses the temperature of the mixed water and maintains it by changing the amount of hot or cold water mixed. N.B. in order to obtain a correct mix, the pressures of the hot and cold water must be the more or less the same.
Water saving : By regulating the water temperature at the heating source, a significant saving of water can be attained.
Safety : Water temperature is preset and the chance of scalding is eliminated.
Temperature range : 38° – 65 °C ± 7 °C (100 °F – 149 °F ± 44 °F)
Flow rate ?p 1 bar (14.5 Psi) (kv): 1.300 l/h (347 US gals/h)
Max. temperature: 110 °C (232 °F)
Max. pressure : 10 bar (145 Psi)
Spare parts for Sigmar Compact Hot Water System for Caravans & Marine
Heating Elements: Listed Below